Thursday 26 November 2015

My Swoon Quilt

6 of the nine blocks that make up the Swoon Quilt

This quilt started with me buying fat quarters and the Swoon pattern while in Toowoomba in September from the beautiful little but well stocked shop Precious Time. I couldn't resist it and couldn't wait to start it when I got home. Unfortunately when I visited I had limited time and hoped I would get back there before I departed to buy more fabric but unfortunately not. I purchased a couple of pieces of Persimmon from Basic Grey and thought the would be easy to match or find further pieces from the range. I had a image in my head of how I wanted it to turn out but struggled to find the fabrics that I wanted, even after going to the Brisbane Quilt Show. Never mind I had fun making it just the same. I think I will make another one - one day.  I can't say that I am in love with this one but will reserve full judgement until it is quilted!
I have just pieced a backing so this along with 5 others is ready for quilting.....



1 comment: