Saturday 5 December 2015

Christmas Topper.....quilting practice... true blue progress

I can only guess how long this poor little topper has been in my cupboard waiting to be finished ( well over 10 years). What would have started off as a quick project has been years in the making. As Christmas is nearly upon us I thought I should finish this and gift it to one of my friends who loves the country look. As simple as it is, I know she will love it .....
Quilted it in about an hour and bound whilst watching telly last night ....not sure why I didn't do that over 10 years ago.
Been quite some time since I have free motion quilted too ... did the reversible table runner a month or so ago but that was echo quilting, anyway didn't get too crazy just a bit of stippling and some cross hatching and free motion an extra holy leaf in each corner - had fun



Also have been progressing quite nicely on my true blue quilt (Norfolk Island Quilt by Brigette Giblin)
Am in the midst of hand stitching the pieced hexie centre to the frame border. I am liking the way it is coming together. Once I finish the centre, there are more borders to add and lots of scrappy orange peel shapes to applique, yay - get to use my scraps!!
Looking a little scrunched - still appliqueing hexies to frame border

Have been inspired by Wendy's Quilts and more blogging her 2015 quilting achievements and thought what a great idea. So over the next few days I would like to put together a list of quilts I would like to make for 2016 and give myself some goals to achieve.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely quilts you have in progress. I hope writing a list helps you work through your WIPs in 2016. I've been trying to email you after you left a comment on my blog, but you appear as "no reply blogger" on my blog, and I can't find your email address here. You can google how to fix the no reply blogger issue if you wish to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Wendy as you can see I am new to blogging and still have lots to learn. Will google and try to fix that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to see that list......

    ReplyDelete