Saturday 5 March 2016

A long time between posts...2 Finishes


Due to a combination of starting a new full time job and a pesky elbow, quilting progress has been somewhat slow of late.... Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon.

However the last two weeks the machine has seen a little action ....

Bluebird Park Tumbler Cot Quilt
As March fast approached and the arrival of my nieces baby boy was getting closer, I knew I had to get on with this little quilt. I used nuwool wadding and a really speedy echo quilting to retain the softness. It came together in a flash and is now ready (all bar the quilt label which I will personalize with baby's name and DOB etc once that is revealed).

Next up is my Tube Top quilt (a Cozy Quilts pattern), beautifully quilted by Maggie from Maggie's Quilting Treasures. I originally made this as a raffle quilt to raise funds for National Breast Cancer Foundation and my Trek for a Cure, however as always I underestimated what I could actually achieve in 24 hours a day and with other fundraising events taking up time, this idea got shelved. 15 months after the Trek it is now finished. I think I will have to keep it now, it has taken on a whole different meaning for me now. Love the waving quilting and despite a brain freeze whilst cutting my binding ( I cut it 1 3/4 inches wide - I normally cut 2 inches which made stitching down rather tight) I love the finished quilt.
Think I will call it - Peaks and Troughs

Love the quilting

Made entirely of batiks
So I am feeling a little more motivated and have enjoyed having binding to stitch down at nights .... will have to get another one ready for binding - should have enough time this afternoon to do a bit of quilting - happy days!





1 comment:

  1. The quilting on the batik quilt is stunning! Thank you for participating in the 2016 FAL, on behalf of the global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete